Holistic Expatriation Solutions
Visa on Arrival

Visa on Arrival

Visas on arrival are granted at the port of entry by the Controller-General of Ghana Immigration Service (GIS). For countries without a Ghanaian embassy, the application must be filed by the host person or entity in Ghana on behalf of the visiting foreign national.


Tourist Visa / Business Visa

An entry visa is issued for tourism or for business activities. It is issued up to 90 days and can be obtained at the airport if you are visa exempt or a national from an EU member state. Non-exempt countries must apply for their visa prior their departure to Ghana for business or tourism.


Transit Visa

This visa is for individuals who are seeking entry clearance to enter Ghana in transit and may be admitted for a period not exceeding 48 hours

Temporary Work Permit

Temporary Work Permit

A temporary work permit grants authorization for a foreign national to conduct lawful work activities for a period not exceeding six (6) months. This type of permit cannot be extended in-country.

Temporary Work Permit

Standard Work Permit

A standard work permit grants authorization for a foreign national to conduct lawful work activities for a period of one (1) year. This type of permit can be extended in-country.

Work permits in the oil and gas sector

Work Permits in the Oil & Gas Sector

The Petroleum Commission highly regulates work permits issued for host companies registered under the oil and gas sector.


Accompanying Spouse or Children

This visa category allows the holders thereof to lawfully accompany your spouse or parent while he/she is on a work assignment in Ghana. Ghana does not recognise life partners, and thus, this visa may only be obtained if you are married.


Study Permit

A Study Permit allows you to study in Ghana. The prospective student should first have an offer of admission from a recognized and accredited institution in Ghana. 

Holistic Business Solutions​


Our Team

Scroll to Top